Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world

This famous quote meant so many things throughout the years but at this instance I believe it rings true for everyone.

We are all living through a tough political/economic time, might rival the the 30's and early 70's.   Some feel it more than others but the fact is it's here and is not going to get better anytime soon.  A lot of us have lost our jobs, or had to take jobs we normally wouldn't consider, or are lost and have no idea where to go from here (I personally know someone like that).  It can be depressing and debilitating and a huge shock to ones self esteem.

Those who know me, I always look to music when there are Good Times Bad Times you know I've had my share.  I was riding in my car with top down enjoying the moment when Jerry Garcia just sang almost speaking to me "Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world."  It hit me in a way I never felt before not just in a micro way but more macro in scope.  Yeah times are really bad now but every morning we will individually wake and in some way find out and get it...that we are the eyes of the world.  We make the world what it is today good or bad but it's up to us to do something about it, make something happen, consider what else we can do.

I guess besides just talking about myself everyone pick your heads up, stop moping around and being scared of the world.. it's what we have to deal with it now so lets deal and turn it around both collectively and individually.

And remember Shine On!

No comments:

Post a Comment