Saturday, October 1, 2011

Push On Till The Day

After a walk over to Bed Bath & Beyond with wifey Shine and Tuxie, which by the way now the dogs must be in a shopping cart.  She was confused and only jumped out once.  When we checked out I was curious to see how much Tuxie would sell for but they said there was no bar code...  I said can you look her up in the system.. ok I was trying to be cute..

We arrived home a bit later and now that our day has changed due the unusual Yankee playoff game rain delay, I decided to embark on a much needed bike ride burn... Destiny Unbound!  I have now been back to the city for 2 weeks and I have to boast we live in the best neighborhood with the westside bike route access just down the block, my choices are endless.  Today, I had the GW bridge in my mind. salivating about the tremendous uphill climb to Washington Heights.

What really amazed me about this ride was all the activities that was going on simultaneously, so let me begin in bullet point mode :)


  • food and wine festival;
  • 3 massive cruise ships ready to head out to sea;
  • kids kayaking in the nasty Hudson River...I just don't get it;
  • A rally against nuclear power;
  • A rally for the Chinese freeing Tibetans;
  • Wall Street Protestors;
  • Kids playing baseball, girls playing softball and soccer;
  • fellow bike riders "cyclists" like myself;
  • rollerbladers;
  • joggers;
  • Tennis;
  • And we can't forget the tourist who walk up and down the bike lane and get in my way.. Hello read the ground yoyo's!
I finally made it to the climb up to Washington Heights.  A major burn to say the least but man did I feel amazing... the key.. never get off your seat and use your gears properly and keep on keeping on.  I stopped to catch my breath at the top and began my descent back to the meatpacking.   I pulled over a few times sat on a rock looked out on the Hudson by the GW Bridge and just pondered the yonder.  I saw many others doing the same.  I noticed at that point that New Yorkers a rare breed living in a crazy city but if you let yourself enjoy the calm of this crazy city it's a beautiful thing.. You just have to find "that place"  I have many and one day I will take you to them.

I arrived home just beating the rain to my Tuxie acting like she has not seen me in years and my wife telling me you need to vacuum we have friends coming over soon...  ahh  good to be home :)  

Tonight we will be kicking back watching the Yankee game but will be at the Stadium tomorrow.

All that being said.. Push on Till The Day and off course Shine On!

No comments:

Post a Comment